Websites that bite with shopping carts

StephanieCordray

Wow, Rob... One of the things you don't do too much of is read sites. I didn't know you designed sites, too. I have one more suggestion to make in that case. Lose the Google ads. For one thing, what they advertise might not be very conducive to other business. In addition they take up so much of your site without really fitting they aren't worth losing potential customers.

moonfish

Thanks Stephanie

I appreciate your comments, but did I misunderstand you? Are you saying people do not want to view information? I'm a bit of a "space case" at times, spending most of my time in another dimension, so your comments have got me interested. I Like your website by the way, are you finding it brings you much business? If you have any pointers about website strategies, I would love to hear your advice.

Google Adsense, I accept your point, but at the moment on the whole I'm supplying free downloads that cost me bandwidth, it seems that loads of people want to download my software and the revenue from Google helps me to continue providing the sevice, rather than just having an expensive hobby. Do you have any ideas about other avenues of earning revenue that could help me?

I've been in this game for several years, but have not had the focus (or been able to detach myself from my ideas). I really need help to do so and the feedback I have received on this website has helped me loads.

Thanks

Rob

http://www.moonfish-design.co.uk

StephanieCordray

Well, instead of detaching yourself from your ideas... why not separate them as they really are separate entities. I can see that you have varied interests which is not a bad thing but lumping them together can be. I have varied interests myself but i tend to keep them separate. However, focus is required for that as well. Why not set up 2 separate sites, or more if you need them, and apply one site to one particular interest while the other caters to another with your Google ads in place? Metaphysical and professional web design don't really mix well unless your bread and butter will be other metaphysical sites. While you may get some of those eventually, it's not going to be much bread and butter when most looking for professional web design will be looking for business sites.

Am I making more sense now?