Website template site

stoob

I know, I know yet another website template shop!
But if you guys can give me advice if it looks attractive enough to get visitors in, I have now a website template service which doesn't provide rubbish but quality template packages and design services at my site at great prices www.underkonstruction.co.uk.

Just need to clear up some pages then it's off and running!

Cheers!

StooB

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks quite good, main thing I can comment on is that perhaps it would look better if some of the template example pictures appeared higher up in the page.

Vaelor

Personally, I think one of the big web design no-no's is making your links the exact same font, size, color, and lack of underline as your regular site text. How are people to even know it's a link without mouseovering everything to see if their icon changes? =) I think you should make your links bar down the left hand side stand out a little more from everything else, it just looks like a list of words at the moment.

Besides that, I find the site quite cluttered - I look at sites like this and my brain doesn't know what to look at first, there's no smooth flow of information, just boxes of words everywhere. I'm not familiar with your style of marketing though, so maybe that's the whole point and I'm missing it, but personally, sites with this kind of layout don't stay open on my browser for long.

Lastly, another little no-no I'm always niggling about - when you have text in a table/box, you should put a small margin between the text and the edge of the box - when the words all but touch the edge of the textbox, especially when you've justified the font alignment, things start to look REALLY crowded!

Good luck with your site though!