Website shifts to the right when loading

anna

Did you get it fixed?

It's centered for me so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

essence

No, I can't get it to fix... Once you view it the first time, it doesn't do it again afterwards... I can't figure it out. Whoever did this site screwed it in the codes so far I can't find it.

essence

I have just checked it in Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer

Chrome and Firefox both shift to the right
IE doesn't shift...

waynede

I am not getting the right shift in any browser, I flicked through a few pages in all the browsers mentioned above. I do have a quick Internet connection, but didn't see any shifting.

essence

Well, crapola. LOL... I see it in the two browsers mentioned... But can't figure it out. Sooo, I think I am going to start tinkering with the SS and see what happens.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not getting the right shift in any browser, I flicked through a few pages in all the browsers mentioned above. I do have a quick Internet connection, but didn't see any shifting.

Same here... I have a T3 connection though. Not sure why that is happening:confused:

LouTheDesigner

I think I was able to see the quick shift because I was downloading a torrent at the time. I'm pretty sure what's causing this, as described in my previous post, is FOUC (Flash of Unstyled Content). Basically, the CSS may not be loading in time. You can read all about FOUC here:

http://www.bluerobot.com/web/css/fouc.asp/

It's a pretty interesting phenomenon, and the article is short and to the point.

-Lou