website practice

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by junery00, Apr 25, 2013.

to remove all ads.
  1. junery00

junery00 New Member

Hi i have a question what it comes first and i would like to know how you guys do it
    and hope can explain to me because its a question that i have some doubts, im learning dreamweaver but i have a questions about it.

First how you guys start the website from a blank html file , what comes first and whats comes to the end can you please give some advices please

2. chrishirst

chrishirst Well-Known Member Staff Member

The answer to that is DON'T!

3. chrishirst

You don't start from there.

You start with a picture or a drawing of what you want to end up with.

4. junery00

junery00 New Member

that is why I'm confused totally lost with that , ok so first i create something like a sketch right?

5. chrishirst

Yep, Dreamweaver, when used correctly is a development tool, the "design" should start off as you say, with a sketch. Then the graphic elements such as logos, backgrounds, buttons, icons etc. can be created in a vector editing tool with layering capability so each image can be exported/saved independently thus negating the need for any 'slicing' to be done. Using vectors rather than a bitmap/raster editor means the image can be resized without any loss of definition or quality from 'dithering' or 'aliasing'

6. junery00

junery00 New Member

ok for the graphic elements should i use photoshop or illustrator correct , correct and what exactly is layering capability

7. chrishirst

Illustrator (expensive) or Inkscape (Open source and free) NOT Photoshop as it is a bitmap/raster editor.

8. junery00

junery00 New Member

and how i do the layering capability

9. Edge

Edge Member

Have you ever heard of Google?

10. junery00

junery00 New Member

actually i did but still didn't understand that's why i asked back here lol i know im slow and some kind not understading the words when they are explained diffrent ways but i ll try again

11. Phreaddee

Phreaddee Super Moderator Staff Member

once you've opened a graphics program the penny will drop.

12. junery00

junery00 New Member

what you mean by that

13. Edge

Edge Member

What's the local currency you use? I think that might be causing the misunderstanding.

14. junery00

junery00 New Member

im lost my traslator did not help

15. chrishirst

16. junery00

junery00 New Member

thanks chrishist i got it now , yes thats why i do every day practice and play around with photoshop and now after you said try with illustrator im traying to but little by little im getting things thanks again you dont know how important is for me to learn this because i really like it and really want to learn