Webdesign Redline Software

tommyc325

Hello everyone can someone please tell me if they know of a program that helps you create a redline document for a website.

I may not be calling this correctly either (Redline document)

This is what i mean by a redline document - http://cl.ly/Onqy

I jpeg that has every dimension width margin etc. to hand off to a developer and allow him to create exactly what the designer designed.

Please let me know if theres anything out there other then photoshop

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
or anything...

give me a pen and paper sketch and i'll be happy with that :)

personally I find it a waste of time.
1. the designer doesn't want to add all those dimensions it will bore them to death and
2. the developer won't believe the designer anyway, will measure it themselves and it'll be a digital asset so the developer will rip it to pieces in there own particular way. Mine would probably have been printed out and sitting on my desk with scribble and coffee stains all over it.

in any case I can see why you would want to use it and why it would be useful. photoshop i've never found intuitive for this style of markup. particularly arrows and fine lines...

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
the times i've been supplied with a document like this it was done in indesign.

but to be honest, I work with primarily print designers so indesign is second nature to them. still it's nice to be supplied an easy to see scalable mockup with all the original image/psd/ai assets already packaged.