Web site colors aren't matching up and I can't figure out why

jwenberg

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum here. There's a lot of great info here. I thought someone might have an idea as to what is happening on my website. Shoepiddydoo.com When I designed the site in photoshop all the colors matched. When I uploaded everything and used the same background color that photoshop said I was using for the pinkish purple it shows up as a lighter slightly different color. I have not been able to figure out what is going on. The pink sqaure around the main content box and around the navigation arrows is supposed to blend into the main background color. However, I can't get the "background" color to match the color around those mentioned areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've been pulling my hair out for weeks trying to figure this out!

JakClark

Hello ;)

Without testing everything and that, I can't be 100% certain.

But I'm pretty sure that the following should work (Y)

In the document on your webserver: http://www.shoepiddydoo.com/wp-content/themes/wp_slider/style.css

Replace:
Code:
/* GENERAL STYLE */
body{
	font-family: Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif;
	background: #852165;
	font-size: 13px;
}
	.frame{
		width: 1000px;
		margin: 0 auto;
	}

With:

Code:
/* GENERAL STYLE */
body{
	font-family: Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif;
	background: #9D2C80;
	font-size: 13px;
}
	.frame{
		width: 1000px;
		margin: 0 auto;
	}

Should change some, if not all of the darker shade of pink. It should match now. Could you make the change, then notify me.

I'd like to see if it worked ;)

Regards,
-Jak

Last edited:

jwenberg

It made it darker...and closer to the color I'm trying to get to but still not it. I've never had this happen before and I can't quite figure out why it's doing this. Thanks for your help so far. Any other suggestions?

JakClark

Sorry about that, but seems like you've cracked it anyhow :)

The website is all one colour now, seems to work for me? ;)

Regards,
-Jak

jwenberg

Really? It still looks the same on my side. The background color on the left and right of the main content box is still lighter than the color it's supposed to be on my end. This is so frustrating. I cleared my cache, started over, etc but nothing.

JakClark

Eek, I could do with someone to confirm what they can see, so I can check I'm not going barmy ;)

This is what I get:
oneshade.png

:O.

Regards,
-Jak

JakClark

Hello,

It turned out bad for me at first, but coincidentally, after giving a fix, it worked. I doubt it was my doing, but the problem now is that it hasn't update their end. :/

Regards,
-Jak

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
What format did you save your image in? png? if so you may want to look into a program called PNG Crush. It will removed any extra color-correction data that can cause a color skew when rendered in a browser window.

More info: PNG Crush - Wiki

omglookitsagoat

Good luck. I'm having the same problem with some of the pages on my site too! let me know if you figure it out. I tried setting the image file to web safe RGB instead of CMYK, but it still doesn't seem to work right...

SplitElement

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum here. There's a lot of great info here. I thought someone might have an idea as to what is happening on my website. Shoepiddydoo.com When I designed the site in photoshop all the colors matched. When I uploaded everything and used the same background color that photoshop said I was using for the pinkish purple it shows up as a lighter slightly different color. I have not been able to figure out what is going on. The pink sqaure around the main content box and around the navigation arrows is supposed to blend into the main background color. However, I can't get the "background" color to match the color around those mentioned areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've been pulling my hair out for weeks trying to figure this out!

Did you script that slider yourself, or is it a plugin you found? I suspect its a plugin, if so, can you post a link? Thanks in advance.