Web Hosting

lew

Hello,

To publish your website, do you need to use a web host,
such as Go Daddy, or can you publish it own your own without
having to pay for it?

SPZ

For a domain you you'll have to pay most off the time.

For webHOST I'm not really sure. I know that with Apache you can run your website on your own PC, but I don't know how to make it accesable for others.

KVC Hosting

We know that choosing a web host can be a bit of a challenge, we want to eliminate the confusion for you and make hosting your website as simple as possible. Our simple order form, unique control panel and variety of contact methods have all been created to help you the customer.

Elective

Hello,

having to pay for it?

If you want your website to be visible online you need a good web host. Unless you opt for "free" hosts which can be unreliable, you will have to pay for it. However there are many good hosts that are also inexpensive, so look around.

urzevel

You don't even need a domain to have a site up just a computer with a web server and thats it.

But these days you can find hosting for cheap enough and domains for less then $3.99/year.

check out www.1dollarhoster.com pay a $1/mo for hosting.

Marcus Cyganiak

Hello,

having to pay for it?

Lew,

If you're not needing to use a specific web domain, check to see with your Internet provider if it offers you a free server of limited space.

ishie

There are some companies that provide free web hosting, but you need to put their ads on your site.