Web hosting with analytics

advantagewebs

Greetings all!

I am looking for a web host that also provides detailed analytics for site traffic. I need to know where visitors come from, what pages they visit, what links they click, what pages they leave from, what search terms they used. Can anyone recommend a web host that has these kind of analytics?

Thanks!

jnjc

Hi Jess,

Look at google analytics. You create you google analytics account, register a url and you are given code snippets to include at the bottom of your pages. Add this code to your pages and google takes care of the rest. It's pretty easy to setup and it give you tonnes of information. That way you can choose whatever web host you want.

HTH,
JC

ironmaiden

I use powweb.com and they gives me stats. But its of no use, you have to use googleanalytics for such kind of detailed traffic reports. Google Analytics has no competition. :D

rbxslvr

I can't get google to track anything. I installed it, and tried browsing through my site, but no data in google ana.... so I switched to the "Legacy" code, and tried again... nothing.

jnjc

I have seen google take a couple of days to flag a site as tracked.

Try view the reports and set the dates (top right) to include today and see if there are any hits.

Failing that post your URL and I'll have a look at the HTML...

rbxslvr

I have seen google take a couple of days to flag a site as tracked.

Try view the reports and set the dates (top right) to include today and see if there are any hits.

Failing that post your URL and I'll have a look at the HTML...
I'll post my URL in a few days if things don't work out. I had some issues with my host, and they had to reset the entire hosting account... should be back up by tomorrow.

jnjc

Further to my last email, I checked out a couple of sites I added analytics to two days ago. They are all showing as not tracked, but if I go in and look at the reports they have hits. Maybe something is up analytics...

rbxslvr

Looks like it just took awhile. I'm still waiting on GoDaddy before I can use google ana. again. should be 6 hours. It simply took about 12-16 hours to kick in, and now I can't see if the hits are live, since the site is not.