Web Email Forms

russellbain

Hey everyone, this is my first post. Im sorta new to the whole web design thing so this may seem like a silly question.

I have two websites that are hosted on a Fasthosts Windows Server, I have email forms on both these websites and usually use CAPTCHA to secure these forms. I have a standard CAPTCHA script that I use for all the websites that I am involved with. For some reason this script will not work on Windows Servers. In order for me to get this script working Fasthosts say that I shoudl backup the website, delete the account and create a new account on a linux server. This seems like an awful lot of hassle for a minor issue like this. Is there any way I can adapt my script to work on a Windows Server (I can post the script if you need to see it) or is there any other methods I can use to secure my form?

Thanks

Russell

DLPerry

Short answer - I don't think so.

Long answer - probably not. Many server-side script types supported by a Windows server are not supported by a Linux server, and vise-versa. Have you tried looking for another Captcha script that IS written for your Windows server?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
is their any particular reason you chose a windows based account over a linux based account?

i am not familiar with this CAPTCHA script, so i have clue as to whether it can be adapted or not. it all depends on what modules this script depends.