Web directory submission!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cratima

I've started to make SEM for our Web Design Company Cratima
and one of the problems I am confronting with is that there is
a fee difference between different web directories on the web.

I can submit our site to free web directories, reciprocal link directories,
and paid directories.

Now, my question is: is there really a difference between this submissions?
I mean, does Google index your site depending on the amount of money you pay a web directory site? Or do this paid web directories offer services that help Google index your site better?

I'm looking forward for your replies, thanks !

Ar3d

I've started to make SEM for our Web Design Company Cratima
and one of the problems I am confronting with is that there is
a fee difference between different web directories on the web.

I can submit our site to free web directories, reciprocal link directories,
and paid directories.

Now, my question is: is there really a difference between this submissions?
I mean, does Google index your site depending on the amount of money you pay a web directory site? Or do this paid web directories offer services that help Google index your site better?

I'm looking forward for your replies, thanks !

Nope! the only difference is that how they will feature or long your site in those directories. For SE theres no advantage if your site listed in paid directories... natural way are much better and most like by SEs...

lee_vhoi_ol

It doesn't matter how much you pay. It all depends on where they put the link (preferably the main page, or pages with high PageRank). Install Google Toolbar to have an idea about the PR of the page, though this is not 100% accurate as it takes about 3 months for Google to update the PR shown in the Google Toolbar. That is, the PR you're seeing on the toolbar is the PR of the page months ago. Although the actual PR is updated more frequently.

Another important factor, as ar3d stated, is the anchor text, or the text used to link to your site. In directories, this is usually the 'Title'. Do not use something undescriptive, like "click here". By all means, use the keywords you're trying to target! If you want to return better results for the keyword "web design book", then use "web design book" or "your company | web design book" as the anchor text/title. Choose the appropriate keywords, at the beginning, choose keywords that are not too broad, to lessen competition. But do not choose keywords that people don't type in the search engines. There are keyword tools that can help you choose the right keywords.

Overall, I would not suggest paying the directories, a better choice would be to pay SEO companies to manually submit your site to free directories.

I also would not suggest the reciprocal type of submission, but if you must, then choose the directories that you can personally trust. Because if it happened that the directory you exchanged links with has been banned or viewed by Google as bad, then your SERPS would suffer too--that is, search results for your particular keywords would return worse results.

Cratima

web directories

Thanks for the replies!
The thing is that on web directories with PR>4 wen I search for the appropriate category to submit the website the Pr of the page drops to 1,2 or nothing.
I've heard that paid directories are banned, should the websites submitted to them suffer to?

lee_vhoi_ol

Thanks for the replies!
The thing is that on web directories with PR>4 wen I search for the appropriate category to submit the website the Pr of the page drops to 1,2 or nothing.
I've heard that paid directories are banned, should the websites submitted to them suffer to?

No, websites submitted to paid directories do not suffer. You do not get penalized for something your competitor can easily do! Unless those links suddenly come in en masse!

And not all paid directories are banned--it's all right to advertise! But Google advices paid directories to use rel="nofollow" in the anchor tags, so that they do not pass any SEO value.

I suggest you do not go into paid directory campaigns, it'll be costly, and in the long run, not worth it. If Google notices that you've suddenly increased your back links this month by, say 1000, because you bought paid links, then suddenly dropped to 0 new backlinks next month, that's a red flag. Just do free, one way links from directories.

I suggest you submit to dmoz.org. There are also other good directories out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.