web design

2gd4yu

hae all,

i currently own and run www.nzcarscene.com and am wanting to do the design work on it.

What programmes can people recommend i use?? i know a bit about computers but not to flash about the website designing. Any ideas??

Cheers,

Andy

Web Designer

Web Design Programs

Hi 2gd4yu,

It depends on how much into it you want to get. If you are wanting to code it yourself you will first need to learn HTML and CSS to start. You can learn a lot at W3Schools. Get a good editor like Notepad++ for free and it will colorize the code for you.

If you don't want to code you could get something like Dreamweaver. It is a WYSIWYG web page editor. It is probably the best there is. You could also just install Word Press on your site and pick from a wide range of templates. They look really nice.

You'll probably need photo editing software too. Photoshop is my pick, but it is kind of expensive. You can also get The Gimp which is a free open source photo editing program.

That should keep you busy for a while. Good luck with your website!

JMCDesigner

Learn some basic Graphic Design. It's all well and good getting the programs but if your design skills are bad, your website is gonna look awful no matter what program you are using. Tools are just that, they won't do the work for you.