Web Design

Daniel

Hi guys, I plan to make website templates in my spare time, so decided to begin the website today. I would like your feedback on how it looks so far.

Just before you get too critical - I've been designing for only 6 months, so I have a lot to improve on (16 years of age).

http://puu.sh/3kRJ4.jpg

Last edited:

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wont get too critical. i'll just say one thing.
stop using photoshop for site design.

but for arguments sake if that was to be the final design could you explain to us how you would intend on turning it into a html document?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
phew, well that's a relief then :)
still it's missing a lot. have you any thoughts as to where you actually want it to go with it. so far its a header a nav and 2 boxes...

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get that you want to make templates, you mentioned that in the first post.

but from a design point of view where are you wanting to take this particular design?
have you had any experience with site development? UI? UX? etc etc...

it all good and well to have an end goal, but pressingly and more importantly, there's a site here barely 5% done, and you'll need to consider a few more things before you can get any decent critique from anyone, so having said that, whats your direction?

also I'm not sure why you dropped a link to your forum? it seems quite unrelated to your design.

Handpickedhp

I hpe that you know how to code because your "design skills" are not really ....

Well I can only suggest you to look at what is hot right now. Look at http://www.awwwards.com/ .... you kinda very far away from that on every side.

Read about design, graphic, menu, webdesign 2013 trend, because right now your website look like a screenshot of an amateur designer of 1996.

Daniel

I get that you want to make templates, you mentioned that in the first post.

but from a design point of view where are you wanting to take this particular design?
have you had any experience with site development? UI? UX? etc etc...

it all good and well to have an end goal, but pressingly and more importantly, there's a site here barely 5% done, and you'll need to consider a few more things before you can get any decent critique from anyone, so having said that, whats your direction?

also I'm not sure why you dropped a link to your forum? it seems quite unrelated to your design.
I hope to progress on the design for a modern looking professional kind of site. I have no experience with any of that, only CSS and HTML. Once I have the main layout down, I'll begin to work with understanding how to use pay pal for people to buy items (not sure how much work will be required). I merely posted this to see if people thought I was on the right track design wise.

I hpe that you know how to code because your "design skills" are not really ....

Well I can only suggest you to look at what is hot right now. Look at http://www.awwwards.com/ .... you kinda very far away from that on every side.

Read about design, graphic, menu, webdesign 2013 trend, because right now your website look like a screenshot of an amateur designer of 1996.
I'll take a look.