Web Design site review.

benjamin.morgan

Thanks. I am not to great at creating images in photoshop yet. Hopefully I can find some tutorials on it soon. I really want my website to have some "pizazz". Any suggestions will help. Not exactly sure what to put images of.

*EA*Marcus

I'd make the "Sleek Web Design" image bigger and maybe add chrome or glass effect using photoshop and add some black to the image go with the overall layout.

Google search for: Photoshop plugins
There are many free plugins that could help you out.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldnt bother with the “glass look“, it wont add to it.
Id make the logo a bit larger, and make the header overall half that height.
Not a bad start though, well done.

benjamin.morgan

I shrunk the header. Didn't like half size so i went from 150px to 100px. 75px seemed too small and cluttered. I increased the logo as well.

thevictorchen

This might be sort of nit-picky, but I like that the text in the upper right navigation (with Home, Services, My Work, Contact) gets bigger with mouse hover.

What I don't like is all the links move when the hover action happens (probably due to the text that got larger). In a very minor way, it feels distracting.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I shrunk the header. Didn't like half size so i went from 150px to 100px. 75px seemed too small and cluttered. I increased the logo as well.

Of course! I didnt try it, i just visualised it. Whatever works best. It just originally had too much dead space.
As for the nav shift issue. Give them all a fixed width based on the hover size. Align them centered so they grow consistently.

benjamin.morgan

I already had the fixed width and had them centered. I had to adjust the line-height on the hovered one about 8px lower. It should be still now. Is there anything else you recommend I do or anything I could do to add some pizazz to the site?

Thanks for everyones help. Glad to be a part of this forum.

mjrzasa

I think you should edit the Facebook and twitter logos, they seem a little off on the edges and I think seem a little pixelated. You may be able to find a large image like those on google to use (if that's legal?).

Off topic, but, I see you did a website for a Chicago company, are you from Chicago, like me?

benjamin.morgan

No. I am from Arkansas. I actually did get the images off of google and did a little editing to remove white space. I don't know how to create them myself in PS.

ancom

I don't like the logo, and it seems it is in poor res.
You need more details on your pages, something more catchy - beautiful images (try xstock.hu), nice graphs.
Try using more than one font, for example, different font for headlines.

Abe

It's looking good.

The footers could use a little cleaning up to make it more even, but apart from that it looks clean.