Web Design of Attractive or Practical Websites?

There is a very slim margin between an attractive website and a practical website. Unfortunately in most cases flash animation is involved in the design of an attractive website, and the reason I say unfortunately is because regardless of how majestic and glamorous a flash site looks; the odds against it are way too many.

But let’s talk about beauty and usability. It is always a fact that your eyes are the first to be hit by the sun’s light. Then comes the information that goes to your brain and is I am not mistaken it should be like this; uhhh pretty, ouch my eyes burn!

My point is this; you need to have a decent website, a website that has been designed with a touch of professionalism and some eye candy to make your client understand that he is dealing with a professional business. I few images here and nicely designed graphics to illustrate the content of your website. But with out over doing it because what really matters is what comes next; the content. People some how got to your website and most surely they are in search of something that you can provide. Your mission is to make that service or product reachable to your visitor as easy as possible. Don’t make your website complicated and full of gizmos and animation, do you want to sell or do you want to entertain your visitors for a few minutes until they decide it’s time to move on to another website?

You need to design a website that gets to the point. So attractive websites are good, but don’t over do it, you need your visitor to become a customer and in order to accomplish that he need to find what he was looking for right away.

Designed By Lucas

Last edited by a moderator:

besteast

Yes, I totally agree, an attractive design may attract many clients, but after that, what attract them come to your web site again is the useful effective infomation for them.If they find what they want in your website, they will visit you frequently