Web Design for non-webdesigners.

efisher221

Hi there -

I've been doing some pro-bono web work for a friend and it's come time for me to hand-over the reigns. I've run out of time — and she wants to be able to control her content — but she's not a desiger and doesn't know html.

Does anyone know of a good WYSIWYG program for this type of situation? Mac's iweb seems like a viable option, except for it's dependence on design templates. (I'd love to be able to incorporate the existing design but realize that's probably a pipe dream).

Bottom line is I need to hand this thing off — and need to be able to recommend a good program for her to adapt what we have and DIY.

Any thoughts would be soooo appreciated. Many thanks!

efisher221

I should add too...

...that's it's not my policy to work pro-bono, and I do realize there's a reason we, as web designers get paid good money to do what we we do and am generally not in favor of helping clients take my work. But this is a whacky situation....

All that said, again, I'd appreciate any thoughts.

superdave

Dreamweaver is the best tool around.Are you looking for free editors and are you passing of the web site to someone else to do?

wachtn

Is there a free dream weaver like program out there? Where can I find it?

Dream Weaver is a great program. If she is willing to put a small amount of time and effort into learning the software, she could easily go from where she is now to being able to edit her site's content in just a couple weeks. Im assuming that she isnt planning to make any major revamping by herself anytime soon and that the site is already there, up, and running.

Look around for some tutorials. They aint hard to find.

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/

www.w3schools.com (Best W3 reference guide on the net)

good luck to yall

efisher221

Well...

...dreamweaver was my first thought, but unfortunately is expensive and most importantly, will be more complicated than she can—or wants—to deal with. I'm looking for something for the lowest common denominator and am I'm leaning toward something like macs iweb or bandzoogle. Anyone know anything about these - or similar apps out there?

Again - many thanks!

LouTheDesigner

iWeb might be a good choice, but you would really be sacrificing functionality for ease of use.

Adobe Contribute might be a solution.

The way I see things, when it comes to pro-bono work, the "favors" never stop.

wachtn

efisher211
Can you post a link to your site?
If we were able to see the kind of site you are talking about, we might be able to better suggest a using solution for you.