watercolor artist site design

chrishirst

Staff member
Times change!

Maybe if you resized the image so it doesn't need a 30" plus monitor to view it properly you would get a better responses, It's impossible to see the design without scrolling left and right then up and down. Then of course you cannot see how it all fits together.

I have two 19" monitors and couldn't see the whole thing when I had my browser stretched across BOTH monitors.

helloworld

New site about to launch

hmm.. ok?
i thought that would be better.. i hate how the forum down scales images i upload personally.
well.. since nobody said anything for so long, here's a link to the almost-complete site.. which should look fine on any monitor 1024+.
http://naturesmiled.com/:)

Last edited:

chrishirst

Staff member
That's much better, it can be seen exactly as it will be seen by site visitors, which is how it should be reviewed.

I've got to say, that I look at a lot of review threads on various forums and generally make no comment, unless they are stupendously bad, which sadly many are and the "review" is just a link drop, so it's actually a refreshing change to look at a layout/design that is truly excellent and genuinely creative.

Also the distinct lack of glaring obvious "social media/share this" button that look like they were "bolted on" without any thought of getting them to be "in keeping" with the design is nice to see.

Overall 10/10

One thing I would look at though, is to maybe make the navigation highlight/hover colour NOT extend fully over to left edge on the client window, as it makes it look a little unbalanced when the browser window is stretched to full width. Stopping it at about the left edge would look better (IMO)

Nature Smiles.jpg

wilhorse

I think it's great! Very inviting, really like the background, and I like the shadow. This gives me some ideas for my site. Thinking I need a shadow.

Smithcol

A popular but erroneous belief is that Harvey also designed the ... Several plein air watercolor sketches, identified in his hand as sites in ...

thanks for sharing.

What is VoIP

lindenalexander

The design is really really nice! Spot on! :) The only thing that possibly could be changed is the serif text in the logo, i don't really like it :)

helloworld

Lindsey- I love the frog picture and think you should have that on the homepage.

Thanks! The homepage slideshow is actually tied to all of the photo gallery pages in the site. The client has full access to upload new images as they please.. and it formats them appropriately for them. They just check a box and images are added to the homepage slideshow.. so the missing frog is something you'd have to take up with them.. lol

The design is really really nice! Spot on! :) The only thing that possibly could be changed is the serif text in the logo, i don't really like it :)

i always obsess over fonts.. especially for a logo! im still really happy with this one.. it feels very storybook-y.. kind of whimsical, without being childish? always glad to hear others' input though.. care to be more specific or try and find a better suited font?

CaldwellYSR

Wow... this is a great looking design! I especially love how soft and slow the transition is on your slideshow. It plays well with the soft watercolors in the background.