want to create my own site

cafeeman

i want to create my own site and i have a bit of photoshop background but i'm not sure where to go from here.

i did experimented with html/css but i was wondering if something like Dreamweaver is what I really need?

any advices?

JMeZigns

If you are familiar with Photoshop but have a limited background in HTML/CSS/JavaScript then Dreamweaver would be a good fit. In fact the entire Adobe Creative Suite is designed to integrate well together.

The benefit of using Dreamweaver, in your circumstance, is that it does not require a great deal of HTML/CSS knowledge. The software does much of the coding for you while in "design" view. As you learn more HTML/CSS you will be able to use "split" or "code" view to edit and add to your site.

cigarboy

Learn first css and html and write your code in Notepad ++
If not try to find a programs: FrontPage, Dreamweaver but you must to know html knowledge.

"First learn after create"

camilo.nevarez

if you already have dreamweaver, then yeah ,duh.. slice up your photshop file and then save for web, save html and images, then open the html file i ndream weaver and adjust back ground and stuff... if you dont have dream weaver, just surf over to www.htmlgoodies.com and learn a little formatting and yorj set, with notepad.!

spot

It depends how far you want to go with this. I would recommend learning HTML / CSS and using notepad over Dreamwaver if you are about to do this more often.

stanwood

Does anybode have any experience with Sitecraft?

I also want to create my own site. My friend gave me “Sitecraft” program as a gift. An advert said: “a simple solution for creating good-looking websites”.

chris

I also want to create my own site. My friend gave me “Sitecraft” program as a gift. An advert said: “a simple solution for creating good-looking websites”.

I’ve made two sites with Sitecraft. The tool is so simple, you don’t need any manuals or explanations. Just install and try.

I was quite surprised, I didn’t expect that it can be so simple :).

uptownhr

I'm not trying to advertisement my product here or anything but using our STIQR technology. You can simply put together a Photoshop design on the web without any CSS / HTML knowledge. Everything is drag and drop. Here's a link to our video demonstrating how our site was created. Less than 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ff53t8TuU