UTF-8 problem Internet Explorer, can´t validate sites

Jyffe

Hi,

I made new websites using wordpress. Everything works fine, but I can´t validate?

I used a ANSI encoding in header.php-file. When I change encoding to UTF-8, I can validate, but the Internet Explorer shows websites badly wrong. Navigation doesn´t work rihgt way and it looks ugly. There are also aligning problems on the page.

What causes this and how can I fix the problem?

site url: www.kuntoparkki.com (finnish language sites)

d a v e

terve - you have a lot of coding errors - you might have to fix those first before you can tell whether it's the language encoding causing the problems, which i doubt

it seemed alright in my ietester, down to IE7 but yeah it's pretty messed up in ie6 :)

Jyffe

Hmm... how many errors do you think I have? I try to fix them first by validating the source code, that works:)

Jyffe

Well... I validated the frontpages (www.kuntoparkki.com) source code with direct input and there are no errors anymore and the erros that I found were not bad ones.

The problem is, that my header.php was coded using ANSI encoding. I have determined:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

so I have to change header.php to UTF-8 format, am i right? When I do this, Internet Explorer shows pages wronly:( I can´t figure out how to solve this problem...

Last edited: