Updated Photo Site!

eximum

I like the overall design but I do have a couple of suggestions.

• The overall resolution of the page. I had to scroll down quite a bit to see the bottom. I think it is a good idea to keep in mind that a lot of users are using smaller resolutions thus making web pages look enormous. When I viewed your page on a Mac with a high resolution it looked perfect... but on my Windows computers with average resolutions "1366 x 768" I could only see about 2/3 of the page before scrolling down.

• The top navigation bar. It definitely gets the job done but I think it would be better if it had a little more pizazz. Nothing too flashy but maybe just some more detail or a different button style that blends with the background.

Other than those two things I think it looks great. Good luck with it.

anna

Honestly to me the design and the content are "meh"

I'm not quite sure why you're asking for a review when you didn't build the site, but maybe you just wanted to see other people's reaction.

Quite a few of the photos are blurry (and being a professional photog myself, I find that to be sloppy.)

Other than that, well, IMHO it's just "ok".

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks the same to me as it did before. It's a good design, but I said that then, too.

TheLivingDead

I like the overall design but I do have a couple of suggestions.

• The overall resolution of the page. I had to scroll down quite a bit to see the bottom. I think it is a good idea to keep in mind that a lot of users are using smaller resolutions thus making web pages look enormous. When I viewed your page on a Mac with a high resolution it looked perfect... but on my Windows computers with average resolutions "1366 x 768" I could only see about 2/3 of the page before scrolling down.

• The top navigation bar. It definitely gets the job done but I think it would be better if it had a little more pizazz. Nothing too flashy but maybe just some more detail or a different button style that blends with the background.

Other than those two things I think it looks great. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the feedback! Did you have to scroll horizontally at all?

Honestly to me the design and the content are "meh"

I'm not quite sure why you're asking for a review when you didn't build the site, but maybe you just wanted to see other people's reaction.

Quite a few of the photos are blurry (and being a professional photog myself, I find that to be sloppy.)

Other than that, well, IMHO it's just "ok".

lol excuse me??

I built this site myself, sir. I designed all of the graphics / textures myself, developed the database, designed the styles....

For the Galleries, I modded free code, true... and for the CP Backend i modded free code... But to claim that I didnt build the site is uncalled for... I spent an easy 80 hrs on this site...

As far as blurry pics, I can't tell if you are taking a jab at the photographer, or suggesting the images are lo-res...

eximum

No horizontal, it was just vertical scrolling. Here's a screenshot of how it looked on my screen on a resolution of 1366 x 768.

temp.jpg

TheLivingDead

hmmm... well, at least all of the important content is above the fold!!
I did briefly consider a floating footer... but in the end i didnt think it would work real well with this site

anna

lol excuse me??

I built this site myself, sir. I designed all of the graphics / textures myself, developed the database, designed the styles....

For the Galleries, I modded free code, true... and for the CP Backend i modded free code... But to claim that I didnt build the site is uncalled for... I spent an easy 80 hrs on this site...

As far as blurry pics, I can't tell if you are taking a jab at the photographer, or suggesting the images are lo-res...

First of all, in case you don't realize that Anna is a female name, I'm not a "sir".

Second of all, are you Rebecca or the designer that did the site? The way your post was worded led me to believe Rebecca was asking for the critique, although it was made by someone else, hence my comment about asking for a critique on someone's design, so calm down.

Goody goody gum drops to you that you did all the graphics/textures yourself. You asked for opinions and I gave mine- they were "meh" as I said before. If you don't want honest critiques, don't ask for them, go ask your mom to stroke your ego. I'm not being rude, I'm being frank.

And as far as the photos go- they are blurry, so take it however you want; it's not a jab at the photographer, it's the truth!

And I applaud you for spending 80 hours on that site, however, for that length of time, I think it could be better.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love it when im not the only one ruffling feathers.
Like ronald said it does look remarkably similar to the last time it was posted here
Personally I dont like the menu.
The image in the centre is too big and not interactive at all. It should be...
Also for 80 hrs it should b amazing, I dont get that.
the pics appear blurry to me too...not all of them but quite a few.
Also confused as the url is
Rebecca bachman
Under about me its
Rebecca white.

Last edited:

TheLivingDead

And I applaud you for spending 80 hours on that site, however, for that length of time, I think it could be better.

ya, the majority of the time killer on this project was developing the DB and writing the SQL and PHP Sessions, which was a huge learning experience for me. Sorry that I'm not as great as you...

Last edited:

anna

OMG I don't even know how to respond. Maybe instead of wasting time arguing on a web forum, you should study grammar a bit more. You may be a webmaster but I'm starting to think you're more of a moron...

And the avatar is "Zoso" kiddo.

Last edited:

TheLivingDead

OMG I don't even know how to respond. Maybe instead of wasting time arguing on a web forum, you should study grammar a bit more. You may be a webmaster but I'm starting to think you're more of a moron...

And the avatar is "Zoso" kiddo.

I dunno how to delete my account... i will just stop posting here.....

Last edited:

anna

ya, the majority of the time killer on this project was developing the DB and writing the SQL and PHP Sessions, which was a huge learning experience for me. Sorry that I'm not as great as you...

I love that you edited out all the nasty things you said! You're right though, maybe if you really are that combative and thin-skinned, you SHOULD stop posting here...

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
ROFL!!!!
Anna is so correct tho. I dont know how many people have come to the forums asked for CRITICAL evaluation of their site, which they get ,only to have a hissy fit and get all nasty and complain that the evaluation they got bruised their ego.

You've obviously never dealt with a major client thats ripped your design to shreds.
what do you do in that situation, tell then to F**k off cos "I'm the webmaster"
no not at all. you take it on the chin.
realise that the client may or may not have a point, and that we aren't all perfect. if you cant take technical advice from a fellow peer than what chance have you got in the real world???