To all website owners...

StephanieCordray

I have a favor to ask. A group of writers have put together a book with the working title "Stories of Strength". The proceeds for this book will be going to the American Red Cross and is not a profit maker for the group. We are shooting for early October for availability.

Since some of us are poor writers so advertising this project could be problematical. Anyone here willing to offer some free advertising this book would be appreciated. PM me with your email if you're willing and as soon as I have the details of when it will be available and where you can buy it, I can email you. Right now the plan is to publish it through Lulu.com which is a self publishing service but with some of the names going into it, including Orson Scott Card, that may change.

All writers included, and some who weren't, will be working on press releases and marketing in our respective local areas as well as the internet. Joy, joy being from Nashville which is not that small a city, I've got a huge task before me so I thought I'd get started early.

Many thanks in advance to those who are willing to help with this project.

StephanieCordray

I will do so. Thanks, Kiwiberry. I can't believe my story made it with all the big names they have drawn in but I certainly feel honored to be included.

StephanieCordray

http://www.jennaglatzer.com/strength.htm This page talks about the submission guidelines. This lady has headed up the project and has done a dynamite job of it. Jenna has pulled out all the stops and persuaded some big names to join the project. She bought the domain name storiesofstrength.com but there is no website as yet. They are shooting for an early October publication date.

StephanieCordray

Lulu will have the storefront ready October 31. As soon as they have it officially up, I'll post the link here directly to the book. For now, you can find out more about the project here: http://www.storiesofstrength.com . They finally got the official site going.

Good to see you A_A. How have you been? I miss you and Suz.

StephanieCordray

I do have to make a correction here. The money raised is no longer going to the Red Cross specifically. 100% of the proceeds still go to charities but our dealings with the Red Cross haven't been the best... the red tape is ridiculous and all we wanted was the information so the monies could go directly to them rather than through a third party first. That was the first roadblock. Since then, there have been several others.

I have to say this because it may affect your interest in the project and if it does, I will understand.

BaldEagle

Stephanie...I'm a little behind the power curve here as I have only just started here. I have included a link (using the code provided at the site) on my site as well as a link to LuLu.com on my links page. This is certainly a worthy cause. I had not come across it in my internet travels so I appreciate the fact that you posted it here. Unfortunately I am just getting started and my current site is on a free host service so traffic is not heavy (maybe not even light as I don't keep a hit counter). You can visit at this link:

Dee's Webs

BaldEagle

StephanieCordray

Bald Eagle all help is much appreciated. Thank you so much for the effort. Don't worry about things being slow. Things are always slow in the beginning. I'm sure it will develop into a really nice little site.

AainaA

I've put a link to your site - at AainaA Lifestyle Links page - I think its getting hit momentum :)

I've been busy - as always doing nothing much .... that happens when nothing happens :p

How have You been?

StephanieCordray said:
Lulu will have the storefront ready October 31. As soon as they have it officially up, I'll post the link here directly to the book. For now, you can find out more about the project here: http://www.storiesofstrength.com . They finally got the official site going.

Good to see you A_A. How have you been? I miss you and Suz.