Tips? Review my site PLZ...

faris

i'd greatly appreciate any tips you can provide.
take a look at my site and tell me my mistakes.
my site

thanks alot

oh also does anyone have any links for good flash tutorials. thanks alot :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think it looks quite good.
The only thing I can suggest, is I think the page would look better if you didnt use frames.
Also if the text links and text in general was smaller.
http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/ is popular for flash tutorials.

faris

thanks for the tips, if i werent to use frames how could i get those flags on the left to stay there and not cover the entire background repetitively because i have it set as the background image for the left frame..? thanks alot

ian

Administrator
Staff member
You could achieve that through the use of tables, and setting the flags as a background of just one cell.

beekeeper

I agree, the frames gotta go, the text links on top aren't the most intuative, I started to read it like a sentence before i caught on they were links.

macromedia has some great flash tutorials on their site as well. some you can download files to work with and others they have as quicktime movies to watch.

StephanieCordray

I agree about the frames. It really is too small a space being used for the amount of text.

Some other things I'd recommend is reduce the size of your text at the top... all of it but mainly the links. If you can get the links on one line and separate them a bit better people will realize they are links much more easily. However, overall, that little bit of text saying who you are, support the troops, etc takes up half the page. You could also reduce the CAHS text only slightly to make it also fit on one line.

You have a bit of blank space but to get it you cut your informational text off with a scrolling frame. Better to have a smaller amount of blank space that cut your text off the way it is.