This is getting worse

http social

Hello,
If search engines keep chanching metholodogies, SEO becames impractical.
Only way to rank your website higher is doing marketing somewhere else other than the internet.
You popularity will bring the people to your site, not SEO anymore.

cheers

noelagnote

Because of the constant changes in search engine SEO became more relevant in achieving a good online presence. There had been a lot of changes with Google but still let us remember that search engine is about searches and visits.

bravoman2

Hello,
If search engines keep chanching metholodogies, SEO becames impractical.
Only way to rank your website higher is doing marketing somewhere else other than the internet.
You popularity will bring the people to your site, not SEO anymore.

cheers

This is not true, Google still relies on the amount of relevant non extraneous links to your site which is about 80 percent of it, and all Google is trying to do is make it fair game for everyone on the net, therefore the improvements to the search engines will better help you if you follow the guidelines.

ccowan

Right, SEO should never be thought of as too hard and not worth trying any more. Every change that's ever made in their algorithms is solely attempting to make the search engine results more accurate. This is not a problem and no matter what someone will always be displayed first so there is always a way to get there...

bravoman2

Right, SEO should never be thought of as too hard and not worth trying any more. Every change that's ever made in their algorithms is solely attempting to make the search engine results more accurate. This is not a problem and no matter what someone will always be displayed first so there is always a way to get there...

SEO is hard work, and what should be look upon are relevant non extraneous links to your. What I mean by non extraneous are those links that will not be dropped out of the link graph by Google because you posted an link to get just a link, as the state in the guidelines, you link to me I will link to you, and the same goes for I will just get links because I want bunch of links to appear in the serps. If your site has extraneous links back to it, they will be dropped out of the link graph and not counted by Google.

MarkR

The only solid consistent method which will always work is to create unique written content which will naturally draw users to your website, simples.

BigforkNorwich

If anything Google is making it easier for good quality sites and link builders to rank higher - getting rid of the spammers and black-hat SEOers that can make the process so frustrating.

Absolution

I may be the devil's advocate here. But anything that makes easy SEO techniques obsolete, I am all for it. Now it may hurt commercial entities, but the consumer will be rewarded with better quality sites and can spend much less time searching through sneaky advertisements.

LucasL

I think both is needed, online and offline marketing. Just think about it, it takes more steps for a visitor to visit your website via offline marketing e.g. Seeing your website link on a Banner on the street, taking down/remembering the domain name, go back home turn on PC, enter domain name and thus visits your website.

To be honest there are always the good and bad side for every marketing methods/channels but never to just throw away an effective method/channel.