They really do this.

StephanieCordray

You know, at first I thought "what a crock" but then, well, it could make sense if you plan on using a forum or something else of that nature profitable. There is nothing worse than watching a potentially good forum languish while it awaits members.

It's hard to get an active membership on a dead forum so it becomes a circular problem. It's a handy way to kick off a forum if you don't have a lot of friends to back you up when you first start out... case in point, WDF. It has the potential to be one of the best forums on the subject but it hasn't reached critical mass yet where it will start growing quickly on its own. However, ian does have a small component of die-hards who refuse to let it slip into obscurity. Some may not be so lucky, you know?

SiteExpress

I am not knocking the idea. I just never really thought about paying someone to post in a forum. LOL I mean, I think that no matter whether they are payed or not. As long as the posts are on topic, and mean something for the general idea of the site. Why not? It gives the forum content, and new visitors something to read and maybe learn from.

I have seen forums that have a section where people post ads for forum trades. Trading posts to help each other out. I was just surprised to see someone develope a business out of it.

StephanieCordray

You just never know what an enterprising person can come up with do ya?

edited to add: I wonder what a person could get paid for doing that?