The future of Skype and VOIP in general?

colust

Hi,

Does anyone have any views on the future of Skype? About once every two months I hear an article about a new phenomen that is going to sweep the nation and revolutionise how many of us communicate. So far it seems to be the same story reproduced by editors short on stories but how far as it gone, plus can it be abused for 'adult' services in anyway. I have registered the domain phoneaction.co.uk not sure why lol.

thrive

VoIP

I work at a VoIP telephone company. Voip should have a great future but there are problems

1. The government(s) want to regulate voip services. Taxes, regulatory commissions etc.

2. Phone companies such as bell who provide internet and phone are starting to limit bandwidth on ports that voip uses. Limiting them so much you can't really use voip.

3. You have to make sure you have voip hardware that lets you make calls over your landline in a power failure and also able to call 911 (which a lot of them can't).

4. Phone companies are also trying to impose fees if you use voip on their networks.