Text size problem, any ideas??

Steve_essex

I have built a couple of sites now, and on some computers with different settings, the text doesn't always come out properly. It's either bigger than it should be or runs outside of the text box that i have entered it into.

I used frontpage to build it and i use a standard of Time New Ronab because I do know that all computers have this as standard and should be able to put the text in that font group, but im still getting this problem. One of sites that it does it on is www.steviecjimbo.co.uk

sometimes the right hand side of the top page select is missing. Does anyone know why this happens?

What is the best font to use?

-Steve

SiteExpress

It has to do with the way you indicate the size of the text, and the default text size setting on an individual visitors browser. A solution to that problem is to use a CSS, and set text sizes to a % relative to default browser settings. 100% would be exactly 100% of the default size, and 50% would appear as half of the default size. It gives the text the ability to adjust between computers and browser settings.

Steve_essex

Thanks

Thanks site express. I have actually, just before reading your comments, looked through internet explorer on a computer that the text doesn't show up properly and stumbled across the text size setting under 'view' and 'text size'. it was on largest and when i changed it to medium, all of my text rearranged and and showed up perfectly. Is there a way that i can change the settings in frontpage so that it makes the text smaller as I enter it so that it compensates for a computer that has this text setting on the larger mode.

Thanks again.

-Steve

SiteExpress

Frontpage allows you to create styles for certain text. Go to Format / Style, and create a style, although I would recommedn just using a style sheet or embedded css in your pages. css is really simple to use, once you learn the format.