Tell me something Wrong

StephanieCordray

For starters... You need to make it quite clear that you are looking only for businesses in Barbados. The statement you have is not easy to see and is not placed very well to make sure no one misses it.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
At a glance, you should be able to tell exactly what a site is about. With your site, I could not tell that, it has all kinds of stuff, barbados search, advertising online, web design etc etc
Also at 1024x768 resolution, the site takes up only what likes only half the page, so that looks a bit strange.
Also may want to take another look at your color scheme. there are a lot of colors going on there.

Dmexio

Ok first of all i did change "searching for businesses in Barbados..." more darker but i did have it that way for a reason but i will take your advice since im a new man on designing and i think the placement of it is correct since i only advertise locally, so thats not a big issue i dont think.

Second, Ian you said "at a glance" but if you are going to spend money or took the time (less than 2 minutes) at my site or any site you dont just look at it "at a glance to find out what its about, im sure you dont read you local newspaper at a glace.

You are correct i did make it to fit just half the screen on a 1074x768 resolution just like google does, please remember im a search engine too so i did'nt want the screen fill up with excess clutter just go and search for what you want., please take some time and click on some of the tabs on the left... i built ALL OF THOSE WEBPAGES.

Last but not least i dont have bright colours like red, green, yellow shouting at you, notice the colours are dark, the things i mainly want veiwers to see most are yellow and a hint of colour so the homepage does'nt look dead after frequent visits.

Thanks again, any more critics?........please anyone!!!
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Second, Ian you said "at a glance" but if you are going to spend money or took the time (less than 2 minutes) at my site or any site you dont just look at it "at a glance to find out what its about, im sure you dont read you local newspaper at a glace.
I think you are way off the mark, think to your own surfing habits, do you spend a good two minutes trying to figure out what a site is about or how it works etc, well I know I certainly do not. Most sites have just a few seconds to capture my interest, and if they dont, I usually shut the browser window or venture elsewhere.
So at a glance, I think it is important that a surfer know exactly what your site is about, hence the need to clearly define the primary purpose of the site.

Dmexio

OK i'll listen to you but i will need to hear some of the others views on that cause i still think 2 minutes is ok.

I read some of your other post and you give good advice and help so i think its always a good idea to listen and learn.....thanks again.
________
ANNALBOMBOM

Last edited:

paige1

Two minutes is an eternity when there are hundreds of site just like yours. If someone is looking for something, they know it when they see it. It is too easy to "click" to another site. It like when someone else has the t.v. remote