.swf not working on chrome or firefox

zdonut316

Hello, I'm new here and NOT a professional web designer. A brief intro-
I'm 36 and have been a volunteer EMT for 13 years for the Howell Township First Aid and Rescue Squad #1 in NJ
www.htfars.org
I am a career 911 operator and have been for 16 years. About 8 years ago our squad wanted to get a website. A friend of mine designed the basics for the site and then turned it over to me. I have NO training or knowledge in HTML or anything of that nature so i taught myself little by little and have been "just getting by" till now. I utilize the file builder for Ipower which is our hosting site.

My current problem is that I created a banner and buttons to navigate the website in a .swf format. I also have a youtube window in the middle of the site to view various squad stories and interests that I've posted. They have worked perfectly all along and recently I uploaded google chrome to my computer and noticed that they do not show up on there. There is also a rather large blank space at the top of the page on chrome. I wasn't initally concerned by this until I saw the monthly user report and the ratio of CHROME users to IE users is getting greater each month. Some of those users are squad members who have also mentioned the issue to me.

Like I stated earlier, I have done this on my own for our squad so that we do not need to pay someone to maintain the site. We are a volunteer organization with 75 members and do NOT receive tax dollars. I also enjoy it very much. I don't know technical jargon either. If anyone can "view source" of what I have on the site and let me know if there is something I can change to make it work in Chrome I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you for your time,
John Zicha
life member, retired officer, website administrator
www.htfars.org

Last edited:

zdonut316

I have gotten it resolved so far. Just still having one issue...
I would like to have the static image of our shield in the back ground like before. I left the "training" page the way it was before. Could you look at the source and tell me how I can have that as a static image still? its file name is this.
<style>BODY {
BACKGROUND: url(images/hfab4.gif) fixed no-repeat center bottom
}