Student looking for help ..... please :D

jay payne

Hi guys

I thought this would be as good as any place to introduce myself (im jay) and my seedling of a company 'media portal'.

First off, may I just say that this is a polite request for some help point me in the right direction and not a free work plee! (unless you are offering :p)

I have just graduated from bradford university (bsc media & technologies) and i am in the process of setting up a new student based business aiding media students into emplyment, allowing them to showcase their work (all aspects of media from webdesign to film making) to industry profesionals who will network with the site through uk universities/colleges; and giving careers guidence.

The online interactive job board section will be promoted through the university network via their own careers service.

As such, i am looking for help with the web design but as a student (who is going back to uni in september to study a masters (free placement)) i have little, no funds.

I have placed an advert within bradford uni asking for help and any help given, although not paid for in cash, will be credited with the designers details on the website and this shall be seen by all universities on the network.

Can somebody please direct me to a site/individual who may be able to help?

I have spent 3 weeks playing with web design through wordpress and dreamweaver and failed - this is what i have done so far:

www.mediaportal.org.uk

but this is what i am trying to achieve:

www.freshrec.co.uk (a nice clean looking site)

I can not afford to pay anybody for their service, but it goes without saying that you will be able to upload samples of your work on to the site so that the university network and media preofesionals who access the website may call upon you for possible work - this is what the site is being set up for.

Kindest regards

Jay Payne

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
hi. your site link goes to a landing page, so not sure whats going on there.

the site you want to look like seems easy enough to replicate.
but I guess a live link to your site would help so we know where you are at!
and what needs to be changed, edited, modified...