Strawberrysoup Review

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the site looks great, cant really find any fault with it.
I like the flash on the homepage, it is different.
Not sure about the recipes section though, I guess it shows that the site has a fun element to it.

SiteExpress

I like the site, but there are a couple of issues for me.

1. The only link at the top that works is the contact us link.
2. The text in the lower body is a bit small for me. If you are using a Style Sheet, it might be better to use the font size as a %.

Other than those minor things, it looks great.

Strawberrysoup

Hi, thanks for your comments so far...

SiteExpress - what browser are you using? - I have not come across this problem yet.

Thanks.

SiteExpress

Ahhh, I just checked it in IE, and I see that the top links are drop down menus.

The drop down menus do not appear when I use Mozilla. (Wierd, I thought I had all the plugins)

The text size is the same in both browsers.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I like the old design better, the text on the new page which replaces the flash images, looks too big, and looks like keyword stuffing.

Baldur McQueen

Nice site - but since you asked for a review......here it goes.

Number one
In Firefox (linux and windows), Opera (at least linux) and Konqueror (linux) your page is a little distorted. The menu above the flash movie overlaps over the grey line. That is - the green line overlaps, only around the menu. I'm not sure how much you should worry about the linux browsers - but in my view, you must download Firefox and Opera and use those to test every page you make. IE has around 65 - 85% of the market (depending on who you ask), but that still leaves at least 15-20% of users who will see this fault.
Also - the drop down menu does not appear in the browsers mentioned above - and that - is a serious thing!

Number two
The flash is nice - but the images have little to do with the text that flows in and out. This gives the impression, you just used any pictures that were handy, because you couldn't be bothered to find something to fit the text (sorry - don't mean to be rude - just describing my honest feeling). Why not go to http://www.sxc.hu/ and download photographs you can use, some without permission, in commercial projects. Maybe a magnifying glass for Search Engine Optimazation, and so forth?

Number three
Just my view :eek: Why are the colors so pale? Your site has a luxorious name that reminds one of a ripe dark red, dark green strawberry.

Hope you understand, I really like the basic idea of the site - but since you are obviously trying to sell something - an honest review is more beneficial to you than prace :D

I personally liked the latter site better - but that could be because of the images in the flash.

Good luck with the site.

Strawberrysoup

Hey.

The new website has been uploaded and some more amendments have been made in terms of graphics, colours etc... It is here.

What do you all think of it now?

Thanks.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I cant easily read that text against the strawberry image background. The navigation menu, may just be but I think the text should get darker or bolder when you mouseover instead of looking lighter.