Strange Symbols

MightyBeforeGod

Hi all! I am currently working with a client who is using the Redaxo CMS. She updates her "News" page using a RSS feed from Facebook. When she does this, strange symbols appear throughout the text. In FireFox, the symbols look like question marks inside of black diamonds, and in IE they look like empty little squares. Any ideas on how to fix this, or what is happening? I have asked her for her database information, but she does not know it. I do have access to her hosting site, but it is a German host and there is no control panel (at least not one that I can find).

conor

sounds like its something to do with the content encoding. I'd advise using UTF-8 encoding, this should get rid of those symbols.

not sure how you would do this for the CMS, maybe you could file a bug report or fix it yourself and submit it? In html you can add this at the top of every page to change the content encoding:

Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

Lechlak

Make sure she is not copying and pasting into her Facebook. Sometimes things like a " quote " can skew the results.