Starting a new blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cratima

I've read that blogs are seen better by search engines, because of their continuous update.
We've tried this thing before but we've got little results.
We want to create a new blog. My main interest is to bring traffic for cratima website and new business for the company.
Before we'll decide to transform this thought into reality I have some questions.
1. Should we put the blog on Cratima 's domain name, on should I make a blog on blogspot, myspace...etc.
2. Regarding the content. We want the blog to be about new internet solution that can help new businesses. a) We can search the web, find out news, filtered them and then put the most interesting in our blog. b) We can add value to different news on the net, value from our knowledge and business.
c) Use both articles with added value and some funny stories related to the businesses.
3. How many blog administrators are necessary to make it interesting (with quality and enough information)

Thanks!

lee_vhoi_ol

I've read that blogs are seen better by search engines, because of their continuous update.

Blogs(and other pages, for that matter) that are frequently updated are also frequently crawled by search engines. Keep in mind that it doesn't make much difference in your search engine ranking though. If you end up in the 200th page for the search results for your particular keywords, what good is being "seen better by search engines"?

If you're concerned in search engine ranking, do SEO on your blog: link building, onpage optimization for your keywords, etc.

Aside from SEO, try social bookmarking sites.

How about 2-3 Administrators?

Cratima

By "seen better by search engines" I meant that blogs are indexed and crawled more often by search engines and the information regarding ones business appears more often in search result than the business of the concurrence!
I think I'll need 2-3 administrators/editors if the information will be only new, fresh, added-value and I'll have 2-3 post a day.
I will have to think about this because I need to keep all my marketing activities related to the dimension of Cratima 's business.

Thanks!
I also need more answers :)

suz

It's hard to get noticed by search engine when your site is all Flash.
I would integrate the blog into the site personally and maybe offer articles/posts or advice that your target audience would find useful so that when they are searching for something they'll find your site.

Ar3d

don't make a blog as your way for another promotional ads into your site instead make a blog that something useful and informative to your visitors which would create a good reputation to your site. Then eventually the ROI will be created on that strategy... i hope you get my point...

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't make a blog as your way for another promotional ads into your site instead make a blog that something useful and informative to your visitors which would create a good reputation to your site. Then eventually the ROI will be created on that strategy... i hope you get my point...
exactly! quality rather than quantity. if your users enjoy your blog, find it useful even, the rest will come naturally.

fairdoes

The blog won't be clocked as spam if it's part of your site. The easiest way to do this is using free Blogger (blogspot) but using their custom domain option so the url is a su-domain of your site.

1 administrator is plenty! But by all means invite other contributors. Quality is better than quantity (some of each is better still) and however hard you work Google and Yahoo take time to rank your site.

Re funny stories: Anything that is totally original is a good idea, provided it is still clear enough to search engine algorithms what your site, blog and each post is about.

:)

outsourceteam

Updated blogs are fast indexed by Google... But it doesn't mean it also rank faster....No, ranking of blogs takes time usually link building helps in ranking rather than frequent updates of contents...

Frequent updates just make the spider crawl often...

Status
Not open for further replies.