Startin Off Site building ... need help

pcmagic

helllo

Ive got a few problems im new to this site building web page making game ... i want to ask a few qeoutions and get as many answers and ideas as possibe please it would be such a big help ....

well ive got Macromedia DX 2004 ... and i want to learn how to use dreamweaver to build my own site !!! is dreamweaver the only sofeware i need to build my site and get it up and running within the world wide web...
How Good is dreamweaver anyway???? i got it from a friend because i got told it was great for beginners and so easy to use ... Ive not really Decided yet on what to do my web page on anybody have any ideas because i want to try and get as many feautures like pictures and sounds and all that in basicaly just to learn .????

Also after gettin some knowlodge on how to do make and build and publish my site im very instrested on learning how to do FORUMS is it possibe to do Forums with dreamweaver do i need some other software or what.???? How do u do forums anyway how do there work ..????

Thanks alot people i would be very greatfull if use could help me to get a basic idea and get started...!!!!!!!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well in addition to a program for building the web page, you would normally need software for uploading your website to your web host, something like cuteftp or wsftp.
You may also need a program for graphics, something like fireworks or photoshop.
As to the forum software, this site uses vbulletin.com, but there is a free script available at phpbb.com which is quite good as well. It is just a matter of uploading the files to your web host, creating a mysql database and then configuring the script via your web browswer, no seperate program is required.

pcmagic

well i do have the whole studio package so ave got fireworks... but ive not got software for uploading your website to your web host well i dont think i have ... where do i get a free host from anyway ... Thanks

Last edited:

StephanieCordray

pcmagic said:
... but ive not got software for uploading your website to your web host well i dont think i have ... Thanks

Actually you do if you want to use your Dreamweaver program for doing so. There should be instructions in the help files for uploading and updating your website through Dreamweaver.