SSI help needed

cyberdread

I want to use a frames technique with SSI.
top of page - flash menu
below - different unit for each page.
every time I click a link with the menu I want the bottom unit to switch to the new page without reloading the menu at the top.

I also want music playing with a text link "on" and "off" but I dont want the music to start playing again each time you load a new page with the menu.
So when you first visit the page, the music is on, if the user leaves it and clicks a new page within the site the music continues playing its loop without stop.
If the user hits the off link the music stops and stays off after each page is loaded.
so how do I do this?

StephanieCordray

The simplest way to do this is to set it to off when a visitor hits the page and give them the option of turning it on instead of the other way around... that is, if i'm understanding you right.

cyberdread

well even If I did that it would then turn itself off when I load the new page if the default for that page is off.
I basically want it to remain either on or off as seleced regardless of how many pages the use is flipping through on my site... if you see what I mean?

StephanieCordray

I don't think you could do it in a web page like that because it would have to be included in each and would refresh to normal status on each new page.

Now, there might be a way to achieve something like that with a content management system since the info is stored in a database or you might get lucky and find a javascript that will do it but I don't think it would work with straight HTML pages.

cyberdread

Ill try in flash becuase my pages have flash movies, im sure actionscript can do it.
Illl look in my JS book dont mind writing a bit of that.