soooo confused

Grafight

I have hosting with 123ehost.com and i pointed my domain name which i bought from godaddy.com to their servers so they gave me a temporary ip address to use until the domain name propogates to the host...

I'm not really sure where to upload my files to though...i have like 5 html pages and 2 css pages and a whole folder of images but i don't understand where to put them so that they can be viewed on the temporary host...i'm really confused about how to ftp and upload files and where to put them...

Any help is greatly appreciated

smoovo

Hosting - Where you upload your files using FTP software. Search for your root directory folder. If you have folder named "web", "httpdocs" or "www", this is your folder, if not your folder is the main one. Use your username/password and FTP URL to upload your files and folders.

Domain - Name of the IP. Each website (folder on a server) gets his own IP, and to use it easily we are using a Domain Name. This only used to point to the IP of the website.

This is a short explanation of what is a Domain and what is a Hosting. I don't know about your situation, but if it isn't helps you, try to connect to your hosting company technical support, and ask them for help, I'm sure they will help you. ;)

- Enjoy.

Last edited:

orangecopper

Hosting - Where you upload your files using FTP software. Search for your root directory folder. If you have folder named "web", "httpdocs" or "www", this is your folder, if not your folder is the main one. Use your username/password and FTP URL to upload your files and folders.

Domain - Name of the IP. Each website (folder on a server) gets his own IP, and to use it easily we are using a Domain Name. This only used to point to the IP of the website.

This is a short explanation of what is a Domain and what is a Hosting. I don't know about your situation, but if it isn't helps you, try to connect to your hosting company technical support, and ask them for help, I'm sure they will help you. ;)

- Enjoy.

Well said Buddy !!