Site Review (My title's so unique :) )

John84

- bad choice of colors - too bright and they don't fit the forum
- theres a horizontal scrollbar in the middle iframe
- why do you have a website - why not just the forum?

timothyb89

Yeah... the only reason I even keep the colors is because I can't find anything that works with my bg. And color ideas?

John84 said:
- bad choice of colors - too bright and they don't fit the forum
- theres a horizontal scrollbar in the middle iframe
- why do you have a website - why not just the forum?

And I'm just going to say that if I actually get people coming to the site (and forum) a forum would become unfit as topics would become lost, and locking forums to prevent the posting of new topics tends to be annoying to visitors (It really is...)
I think that keeping the things better organized allows easier moderation and functoinality. Also, if my hosts's MySQL servers go down, guests will still be able to view the things that are already posted.

And the iFrame in the middle has a scrollbar because the forum doesn't fit into the window without use of a scrollbar (and for some reason it doesn't dissappear when it's needed. I thought it did...)
Oh well...
Did anyone have any other problems with it or anything that was just not seeming right?

Last edited:

timothyb89

Ok. I changed the coloration. Darkened it a bit, but not so much as to confuse my guests (and it just doesn't look so ugly)
So does anyone have some other things I can change?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Still not a fan of the new color scheme.
Also I would consider getting rid of the frames.

Craig

for your background in the iframe, use the cut background picture instead and make the picture fixed so it doesnt move but you can still scroll. You can maybe use this:

<BODY Background="image directory here" bgproperties="fixed">

Craig

If you cut it up using photoshop it should use the same picture of the bg with i think is Earth, im not sure if you would want to use that but its an idea :)

timothyb89

Oh...
My page resizes based on the size of your window/screen and moves mecause my menu does too... I think I can have my menu just have a set length and that should work.. I'll try that...

timothyb89

Ok. I gave all the frames a "transparent" affect, got rid of the ad iframe (placed the ad at the top) and gave everything a set size.
Does someone think that this is any better?

timothyb89

It should be a bit better now...
I updated it and I'm now using Joomla.
It looks a lot better and should be better...
Tell me what you think-

http://learn-about.uni.cc

My host has been down for a while, and I don't know when it'll be back up. They usually go back up in an hour, but it's been four so far...

I may have to start hosting it myself. At least I have Apach+PHP & MySQL running nicely now...