Should a daycare have a website?

constanthosting

I think all businesses should have websites. Most daycares have websites to provide things like a client area for Mommies and Daddies to view the play room webcams.

constanthosting

From the few I saw when shopping around for Daycare when we were thinking about that their site just linked to the Software for the camera device.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats weird and creepy. Id never take my daughter to a daycare where she was essentialy on cctv.
Id say yes to a website, but a big massive no to that sort of invasion...

benjamin.morgan

I can't do all the camera things anyway. It could have a login system and the such but I have no way of finding out if they are a parent anyway. I believe the website would be more static than anything. Anyways if they do decide to get a website I am doing it free of charge to add something to my portfolio.

leroy30

You'd surely have restricted access to the cctv part so ONLY parents could log in to see it.

And yes they should have a website! Many people will use the website to judge whether they think the daycare is worth enquiring further.

Plus it's an easy way to find their contact details!

constanthosting

I can't do all the camera things anyway. It could have a login system and the such but I have no way of finding out if they are a parent anyway. I believe the website would be more static than anything. Anyways if they do decide to get a website I am doing it free of charge to add something to my portfolio.

Just for your info, :) ,The camera thing would likely be setup by a security company. The employees, usually a manager, of the datacenter are the only ones that can provide access.

Yeah, The website itself would pretty much be a pretty static site, maybe even a blog section for news and announcements or parent tips.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still tho, the whole point of putting your child in day care is to free up your time, I dont know how watching yours (and other folks children) on security camera is going to acheive that.
Besides if you dont trust your daycare teacher enough that you NEED that either
1. Its not the right day care for you or
2. Your not ready to ALLOW your child to develop and grow into an independant person.

the website will need to breed trust in potential customers...not put doubt in their minds.
Research other similar businesses and their websites, and make it relevant to the target market.

n1c0_ds

I will answer with a question: who would visit that website?

In your case, parents that are "shopping" for a daycare might do, so you should do everything in your possible to make it look comforting and trustworthy. I'd put some meal/activity schedules, safety information and the like there, because some parents might look for specific things such as allergies awareness or reasons to pick you.

If you were a barber, I'd answer no, but it seems like you will need a web presence, because people will look for you. However, make sure to link your website to Google Maps and the Yellow Pages if you want it to have any effect.

constanthosting

Barbers have websites too :D

I agree, A Day Care website should be comforting and include information related related to the safety of the Kids. :)