SEO question

Status
Not open for further replies.

art346

Hi' everybody. I am new here, my site was indexed by google few weeks ago, but when I try to search it in the google search using one of my keywords, I can't find it.

Thanks for help!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Getting indexed is relatively easy, ranking highly for your keywords is something that will take time, and requires quality content which generates natural inbound links. In other words, it generally takes time, unless the keywords that you are referring to are obscure and not searched for, in which case it can be relatively easy.

Peps

Banned
To my mind, you have to change keyword, trying to paraphrase it somehow. Your content should be always fresh and useful and the article pages of your site must be specified with separate specific keyword.

Q_d

Banned
And how are tyhings going? Are you in luck and have web site indexed? As far as I know there are PR update now and I believe that you might get some fresh PR on your bar... :)

klper

May your website has low page rank and you can't find it, because it is probably situated on the ninetieth page in the list.
It is also important that the targeted keywords are mentioned in the body tag, although the title tag seems to be more important.
Keywords in H2-H6 headline tags seem to have an influence on the rankings while keywords in H1 headline tags don't seem to have an effect.

Roger

Some time ago, it was claimed that Google would penalise pages that forbade it from caching their pages. As you know, Google caches the pages it indexes unless otherwise instructed. To avoid problems with people who feel that this is a copyright infringement (and other reasons), they allow sites to instruct the Google spider not to cache those pages using various means.

scarlett

Congratulations for being indexed by google. Now for the time-consuming part, do a lot of link building, submissions, and on-page optimization.

rab123

article pages

Your content should be always fresh and useful and the article pages of your site must be specified with separate specific keyword.

shawn

Several ways to get index:

Search Engine Submission - submit only once
Ping your site
Create a sitemap - it helps your sub-pages or inner-pages get index.
Link building - back link helps your site get listed

jasontn

It takes around 2 months to rank for competitive keyphrases. That is assuming your trying very hard. On the other hand, it may take less time to rank for less competitive terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.