Selecting your keywords?

3dmagicaldesign

Here are some helpful tips when selecting keywords

1) Use tools such as the search term suggestion tool at http://www.keywordbox.com and wordtracker to determine which related keywords or key phrases it would be the best to optimize your site for.

2) Once you have a list of potential keywords, go to Google and type in those keywords, then see how many incoming links the top few sites have. You can determine this by typing " link:www.domainyouneedtoanalyze.com".

3) Take a look at whether the first few sites have the targeted keyword in the domain name, in the title or often on their page.

This information will help you to estimate what it would take to get your site above the current sites in the rankings.

Gorgy

I always trust my intuition when I choose my keywords.
I ask myself, what would I type in the search box if I was looking for this or that"
In most cases I'm successful with my keywords

jamesb

I own a few destination specific travel sites and I have stopped using those keyword tools. If you know a destination well enough then you can kind of guess which keywords will be frequently searched. Many of my most popular keywords can not be seen in any keywords lists produced by those keyword tools.

rdeering

use adwords keyword tool. it is really easy to use and you get results without guessing. choose one keyword (bullseye keyword) that is popular but not to difficult to get results with (results meaning a good page and position on search engines) and include this word in your website - in the description, keywords, meta tags, alt tags, headers, footers etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

sidupurla

use adwords keyword tool. it is really easy to use and you get results without guessing. choose one keyword (bullseye keyword) that is popular but not to difficult to get results with (results meaning a good page and position on search engines) and include this word in your website - in the description, keywords, meta tags, alt tags, headers, footers etc.

i agree with you friend..
i usually use adwords keyword tool for search which keyword i will compete...
and apply in my site.

mikecriss

what about google keyword tool ....... is their results are correct or u may guess only ? ........

Last edited:

superaff

Here are some helpful tips when selecting keywords

1) Use tools such as the search term suggestion tool at http://www.keywordbox.com and wordtracker to determine which related keywords or key phrases it would be the best to optimize your site for.

2) Once you have a list of potential keywords, go to Google and type in those keywords, then see how many incoming links the top few sites have. You can determine this by typing " link:www.domainyouneedtoanalyze.com".

3) Take a look at whether the first few sites have the targeted keyword in the domain name, in the title or often on their page.

This information will help you to estimate what it would take to get your site above the current sites in the rankings.

Great tips! And the resources, I can make good use of them. In addition, pick a keyword that is related to your niche but is unique and does not have much competition and work your links toward that keyword.

marktaylor

Hi friend,
I always use google keyword tool and seo chat's keyword tool forkeyword selection.Both are easiest to find keyword.

advent

Seo

While choosing the keyword choose google adwords tool
The selected keyword should have more number of unique visitors and Less competitors then only possibility of ranking well in search engines

LisaRole

I guess if you know exactly what your targeted buyers or viewers are then even without the keyword tools help then you know what are the right keyword you can use for your site.

I use google keyword toolbar, I find it efficient than the other paid keyword tool.