Security

Myriad_Rocker

How would I go about having a one-time logon for a site? Say I have some content on the site that is available to members only and also a forum that is only available to members. I want them to be able to logon on the site or at the forum and have that logon be good throughout the entire site.

StephanieCordray

well... having a one time log on is not hard to set up. I used a cms on Writing Wise then added a forum module... one registration fits all. However, using a log on requires a cookie to be placed on their computers for staying logged in forever. If they clean their caches every so often by deleting cookies and other files (people really need to do this every once in awhile), they'll have to log on again at some point.

Myriad_Rocker

But I'm not sure how to accomplish this task. Can I do it with PHP? I have limited knowledge of PHP but if I have examples, I can learn faster.

StephanieCordray

My preferred cms is Postnuke. I used pnphpBB2 which is an adaptation of phpBB2 made to work with Postnuke both of which are PHP. Both have excellent support forums and instructions for use. I'm pretty sure there are others but I'm quite satisfied with my results with these two working together that I haven't actively searched and worked with anything.