Script to make site load all at once?

cgl102770

Hi - My site's primarily html, with a little bit of flash. My boss would like for the site, ie, text and graphics, to load all at once. If it takes a few seconds thats ok. I'd rather not put a flash preloader up front since the site just has a little flash in it and may eventually not have any. Is there a script that says something like "do not load/show any text on homepage until all graphics have loaded? Thank you for any suggestions!

leroy30

Hi. Firstly I'd like to say that this is generally not a good idea. Sure it looks better to your boss but make sure your boss understands that the progressive loading of web pages has become like a loading bar for the internet. If your users can see something loading within the first second or two then they are more likely to stick around and wait for it all to load.

In saying that you could try this http://www.ozzu.com/website-design-forum/interesting-effect-page-transition-fade-t1619.html

otherwise you could do it with a bit of javascript. Google jquery and start there.

Good luck!