script for saving forms to server

quickie34

Hi

I have been creating some diffrent kind of simpe order forms for visitors to fill in. When they are done the info is sent to me by mail.

What I am doing now is a more complex form with a lot of text-boxes and loads of text that probably will be filled in from the visitors.

What I need is a nice simpe script or form manager.
I just need the script to save the page´s form as it is and then maybe also sent me an notification via email and I can logon to my domain and get the file. I will then create adds with objects for sale (from the visitor) from that info.

one.com web hosting does not support front page web forms (which seems to be a quite simple way to create this). All googling on the subject results in loads of programs that cost money and I dont know if they are even supported by one.com´s webhosting system anyway.

And one.com´s support just tells me they havent got any idea of a good script.

A "top-wish" would be to find a script that can convert the info into a finished add and then I would just need to verify it and after that publish it for my visitors.

I dont know anything about php, sql and all that and I dont plan on doing this on larger scale right now so a simple way would be preferred.

edit: the script I previously used was from one.com and they had ít for free but it cant be modified to do the above mentioned

Last edited:

DLPerry

Hi
What I need is a nice simpe script or form manager.
I just need the script to save the page´s form as it is and then maybe also sent me an notification via email and I can logon to my domain and get the file. I will then create adds with objects for sale (from the visitor) from that info.

Have you looked at MasterForm V4?

one.com web hosting does not support front page web forms (which seems to be a quite simple way to create this). All googling on the subject results in loads of programs that cost money and I dont know if they are even supported by one.com´s webhosting system anyway.

MFV4 is not free, but as you've discovered - the functionality you want isn't standard in free scripts.

You can test your server for software/script compatibility with this Pre-Installation Tester

A "top-wish" would be to find a script that can convert the info into a finished add and then I would just need to verify it and after that publish it for my visitors.

One of the many functions that MasterForm V4 can serve is as a web site/page Replicator. With this functionality your users could type their data into a simple form, including uploading images if necessary, and MFV4 sends you a copy of what they submitted, plus plugs the users data into your pre-formatted ad. Instructions are included in the free .pdf document - 50 Things You Can Do With Master Form V4 .

I dont know anything about php, sql and all that and I dont plan on doing this on larger scale right now so a simple way would be preferred.

Installation is free with MFV4, plus it comes with full, easy to follow instructions for set-up, including examples and samples with working code for a variety of configurations and functions.

edit: the script I previously used was from one.com and they had ít for free but it cant be modified to do the above mentioned

That's a blast from the past - it appears to be "Formmail" , or some derivitave thereof. :eek:

HTH