Screen Resolution conflicting with Website deign. Help!?

conflictingcake

So my problem is that I've made an entire web site on a 1920 x 1200 resolution iMac, but when viewing it on lower res computer screens everything is so much larger even the pictures!

Now i need a quick and easy solution such as a code that can adjust the resolution and re-size my site to fit different monitors.

So has anyone dealt with this issue?
Even flash sites appear large.

:eek:

(Re-furbishing all the images are not an option)

wetgravy

so ... what you're saying is ... and i hope i got this right ... is that you are wondering how to tweak your website because you made it way too large for most people to view ... and you don't want to resize the graphics. Well ... can't really help you without a reference (sort of like asking how to cut down the size of a book without letting someone read it)

suz

You can resize the site itself but not the pictures as far as I know. Do you have a URL we can look at?

joe

you should get a 1024x768 template and build everything within it. Most computers run on that resolution so it's a pretty safe bet.

conflictingcake

Ok i understand it can't be done. Here's the link.

Suppose i put a duplicate site on the server that would support
1024x768 monitors, is there such a code that could accurately recognize monitor resolution and display one of two appropriate sites?

Last edited: