SASS and LESS

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by RDB, Aug 27, 2014.

to remove all ads.
  1. RDB

RDB New Member

Just a general thought on peoples opinions on SASS and LESS. Do you use them? Do you prefer using them as oppose to using good old CSS.

2. ronaldroe

ronaldroe Super Moderator Staff Member

I use Sass' SCSS syntax pretty much exclusively. Love it. Can't speak for LESS as I haven't tried it.

3. Frank

Frank New Member

I find plain CSS easy enough to not use any of the mentioned options. Especially with an editor like WeBuilder (not to be confused with Web Builder), with a number of CSS tools built in, writing CSS really is a peace of cake. And I think it is important to get a thorough working knowledge of the CSS syntax. Which gets less if one uses SASS or LESS, I'd think.

4. ronaldroe

ronaldroe Super Moderator Staff Member

I second that. It really is best to know standard CSS very well before jumping to a preprocessor.

5. RDB

RDB New Member

I agree that you should learn CSS first then maybe look into SASS. I know a few who love to use SASS and wont go back to CSS. I suppose it depends on the project as I tend to do CSS as I find it quicker personally. But you can write some great semantic code with a preprocessor.

6. Brian Angel

Brian Angel Member

Sass is alot of fun once you start to use some of the more advanced areas of it like mixins. I havo one that makes writing media queries a snap, but I pitty the next guy who has to look at it as it adds it directly to the selector.. meh..