RSS help

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by rooster, Dec 12, 2011.

to remove all ads.
  1. rooster

rooster New Member

I am looking for help wth RSS feeds.

I have looked around alot... and every program that I have found, either isnt free, or the download doesnt work.

I am looking for a free RSS generator. It can be a program, or a script, i dont care, I just want it to work.

I want to be able to post RSS feeds for people to see in their RSS reader, NOT a script so people can view RSS feeds on my website.

also, it would be cool to see how many people ae signed up to the feed, but that is not a requirement.

I do not like feedburner because the website you have to go to to sign up. i want people to search in their RSS reader, for mywebsite.com and it comes up. not mywebsite.com/rss/373749495 or mywebsite.com/895HGHKJD9847258HG756J53KH8hK6kbgDF9_HU_HUI etc etc

any help would be appreciated!

2. rooster

rooster New Member

noone?

its hard to find good info on google. i googled many times, but so much is outdated and ahs broken links

3. Sogo7

Sogo7 New Member

An RSS 'feed' is just an XML file, basically a text file and that's why you are having trouble finding a creation script.

Making an RSS feed is just a matter of adding all your information together with the tag structure required into one long string and saving as a regular file.

4. rooster

rooster New Member

So if I create an xml file, do I list all of the entried there? Or create a new one for each rss post?
    I need a little more guidence (or guidance? Maybe guidunce? Haha) with this.
    I don't know what tags or any of that to use. I have looked and looked online but have found no current websites that can help with this.

5. rooster

rooster New Member

so i figured it out using this website. http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-RSS-Feed
    everything works great but i have a few questions.
    how can i add an image? when i use the regular html image code it gives me an error. also, if i load 1 then another one a minute later, how long does it take to show up? it should be right away but it isnt.
    thanks

6. viper94x

viper94x New Member

You can put html inside xml tags if you do the following:
    <tagname type="html">html</tagname>
    Or use cdata(google it).
    About the whole reload, please explain it a bit better.

7. rooster

rooster New Member

i actually got it to work.
    a website called yes2rss has a generator on there that works wonders!

now is there any way to make the users search for my website in their rss reader, instead of putting mywebsite.com/rss.xml they can just search for mywebsite.com?
    thanks