rollover dropdown menu

omglookitsagoat

Hi. I'm a student and noob at web design and development. I know a little css and html, but not much and that's all the code I know. I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 to build a website. This is the page I'm using to experiment on until I get the code right:
http://microraptorarts.com/testing.html

I need to figure out how to fix the rollover effects on the links and also, I would like to add a rollover dropdown menu to the navigation links called products and portfolio. I tried several different versions of code I copied and pasted into my website, but I couldn't get any of them to work. It's very difficult if not impossible to figure out since I don't know javascript.

Does anyone know of a simple way to do this without knowing javascript? I'd like to do as much of it myself and learn how to do it myself with as little use of templates as possible. Could I accomplish a similar effect building a button in fireworks or flash?

If anyone knows how to solve my problem with the rollover effect, I would also appreciate help with that, too. The rollover links for the navigation should be white background, green text. The rollover links in the body should be green background, white text. In Safari, the rollovers just appear as a solid colored block with no visible text. For some reason, the text color won't change. In Firefox, most of the rollovers appear the way they're supposed to except 2 of the nav links. Is there a way to get the appearance to work properly in safari and most other browsers?

Thank you for your help