Review My Website

SewerWaste

So I just recently set up this site, I've been working on it for the past few nights. I'm new to web page design, so I used DreamWeaver. I know it can use improvement, but I think its pretty good for my skill level. The gfx was done on my own.

For the topFrame it is just a png file set as the background. Any help, comments or constructive criticism would be helpful.

http://www.sewerwaste.com

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, I'll be nice as you say that you've only just started but really...

every single page has a different layout and look and its not in anyway connected.the header is ugly, the font is horrible and the background is extremely distracting. also the ads look nasty. please try and incorporate them in a tasteful way if you really must have them.

and frames - ****!
just go to this page
http://www.sewerwaste.com/mainFrame.html
and you'll understand why. can you get back to the menu? no? can you see any other pages? no, why? BECAUSE OF FRAMES!
also ditch the counter.

read up a bit more...
try again.

SewerWaste

I mostly agree with what you said.

Frames Suck. That's a known fact. I know no other way to do what I wanted to do in html. All I know is html, and dreamweaver assisted me through a lot of the coding.

I can easily change the font and didn't like it to much myself. I thought I'd atleast get something out until I finish making it. Then I'll go back and improve the images.

I had some major problems with placements. With html, you can't just place anything anywhere you want. I had to continually skip lines to space things out to how I wanted it. The ad at the top does not have any vertical margin, so I can't bring that up any higher. I think it looks gay sitting on the line.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
definately dont jump on anyone elses thread, its bad form, and will only make people give you an even worse review than you would otherwise get.
I didn't look at your portfolio of work you had linked because you site sucked so much (if you can even call it a site)
I'm not even going to rip into it because its so ****ing horrible...

but a few pointers
what the **** is the go with that header? flat background colour and no text styling, yet still needs to be an image?????

and at only 16lines of code its pretty thin, yet you still manages to secure 7errors and 5 warnings in that. good work. a line to error ratio of 75% is amazing...

krymson

definately dont jump on anyone elses thread, its bad form, and will only make people give you an even worse review than you would otherwise get.
I didn't look at your portfolio of work you had linked because you site sucked so much (if you can even call it a site)
I'm not even going to rip into it because its so ****ing horrible...

but a few pointers
what the **** is the go with that header? flat background colour and no text styling, yet still needs to be an image?????

and at only 16lines of code its pretty thin, yet you still manages to secure 7errors and 5 warnings in that. good work. a line to error ratio of 75% is amazing...

Dang son.... so hateful.... but you just said what i was thinking lol.. :D

d a v e

Phreaddee wtf :) - if someone posts saying not to hijack a thread and then you say yeah don't take over someone's else's thread because otherwise you will get a worse review and then go on to give them a worse review what's the point?

why not wait for the thread hijacker to either post in the appropriate place or then reply in this post and then you can rip them a new one.

even if people are rude they may be so because they are ignorant of the etiquette (shamefully so maybe ;) but they deserve the benefit of the doubt first.

your quick appraisal of the site should be kept for the hijacker's own new thread should they choose to heed advice and make one.

let's get back to SewerWaste's thread.

Last edited:

krymson

imo, i still think its trash, but whats fitting about a trashy website is it resembles the sewage and trash it talks about, very nice correlation between objective of the website and the way the web site is coded...

shywon

Gee, thanks for all the helpful critiques, but as i said....if or when i ask for a review you folks would probably tear me up.....

I was not asking for reviews, or jumping on a thread......

The comment "the site name says it all" was referring to sewerwaste.com whom had asked for reviews.....

simple miscommunication on all our parts....