review my site please ?

aretee

my sites jus random with stuff from the media and such...keeps me busy during the holidays wen im not out (explains the free host). So i was wondering if there could be any suggestions, critisms, etcetc... so i can improve, and look for more things to do. ummm i have done a lot of other websites, but most of the layouts are either the same or used from free templates from various websites. This is my first original design. but plz dont be TOO harsh.

here the link
http://wahta-dumb.f2g.net

thx

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Quite a good design and layout, my main criticism is the folder image icons have blurry jagged edges, I would look at maybe using different images so it looks sharper, but then maybe that was the effect you were aiming for. Looks like you are off to a good start.

StephanieCordray

they still look kind of jagged but given the type of site, it might be a look you're going for because they almost look wrinkled... I don't know.. i'm not a very good web designer so i'm probably the last person to have an opinion. I do, however, like joke sites, :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
It does look a little jagged, but an improvement on before.

jancz3rt

Yeah

Definitely looks much better than those old folders. Why noy use a tool to convert .ico files to GIF. In that way. you will have sharp adn crisp icons. Use Micronagelo for example.

JAN :D

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
.ico files are just bitmaps. if paint can open them, i don't see why photoshop could not.