Regarding images in website

arun_ragahv2000

Hi All,

I am new to forum. I have been strucked while creating websites. When i reduce the file size of an image the resolution is completely lost..

I have been struck in this image optimisation for the past one month. Please send me a solution where can i get this image optimization is done without affecting the quality of the image. In brief, i need a 1MB image to be 20-30 KB.

Can anyone suggest me a solution.

Enjoy life
Arunkumar Raghavan

optimus203

Do you use Photoshop? It has a great "Save For Web" option which shrinks the file size down accordingly. But when you shrink file size, you will always be loosing some (if not lots) of quality.

bcrump

Perhaps for someone new to graphics design you can try and learn a bit of Fireworks it easier to resize than with other pro graphic applications.

joshuthomas

Hi Arun Raghav,

there is a simple solution to your problem.
Optimize the image in phtoshop.

keep it in the same resolution, and select the option "save for web"
the result image would be a fraction of the original size and optimized
hope that helped.

regards
josh

bluecollar01

You might look into Gzip compression for your website. It's not compatible with all browsers - only newer ones but it can help reduce page load times by compressing the files as request to the server are made.

For your image I would make it the exact size you need for your site - then choose image size and change resolution to 72 dpi and then as others have said use the "save for web" feature with jpeg compression.

hope this helps.