Really need help please

strungout911

Hi, new hear, new year... I am trying to help a good friend of mine with his site

He knows very little of web design and always enlists the assistance of others for his site. He's a great guy and he does a lot for other people so im looking to help him out.

Someone designed the site as it displays currently, that he has been unable to contact for quite sometime... surfers, you know how they are.

As a result, nothing on the site can be updated. This person never provided him with login information to a control panel or anything of the sort.

Now, we have to find a way to update the page(s) on the site so business can carry on.

The hosting was arranged by the guy who took off. But, the domain was register years before so I THINK he should be on file with the registrar.

Who do we go to?

* The host? We don't know the account details... The guy was a friend and even used his own card.

* The registrar? Aren't they difficult to find and track down? And then what would we do, have them change what?

I wish he just knew the login info for the host's control panel so we could just start there but we don't

Please help? the website in case you want to get all investigative is erie^surf^boards dotcom
Obviously without the "^"'s

XeHSean

Your friend can try contact the hosting provider. However, if the account is not listed under his name, I doubt the hosting provider will turn over login information to him.

strungout911

Wouldn't there be some kind of verification process that could be done. They could call the business itself, or maybe they would fly a representative to the business location so that we can prove who we are!

But, if not, what would be the next step. We can't lose the domain name. Everyone knows it. So, would we contact the registrar next? Then what?

XeHSean

For the few dollars a month that you pay them for hosting, it is very doubtful that they will waste any resources to investigate the issue. If you do not have access to the account with the registrar, you will have the same problem there as well.