Question

jah2009

This may be a ridiculous question, cause I'm new to the field - but here it goes:

I have a friend who wants to purchase a domain for a blog - he wants to put a page on his site (it's a real estate site) that goes to that domain. Is this possible? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

:):

zach

I hope I understood your question correctly.

It seems that your friend currently has a site about real estate, but now wants purchase a domain for his soon to be blog.

Firstly, he would need to of course purchase the domain. GoDaddy offers a great service for hosting and managing domains.

Second, He would simply setup a hypertext link on his current site to the new domain (his blog).

HTML:
<a href="http://www.hisnewdomainforhisblog.com">My New Blog</a>

If he doesn't know anything about the code above then it would be start for him to learn HTML (it's a very simple coding language). You can find more information about HTML at W3Schools.

Here is a short answer to what I believe your question was - if I misunderstood you just let me know.

Lastly, You can view the links in my signature for more information about web hosting companies and lots of other webmaster-like information. :)